Over the past few years, the events industry has been steadily growing. According to Eventbrite, 67% of event organisers expect their events to grow in the number of attendees the next year and 39% of those who work in corporate events expect their budgets to increase.
The objective of the qualification is to introduce learners to the skills that are required to plan, organise and evaluate events by developing their knowledge and understanding. Areas covered include marketing methods and resources, market research, human resources, communication and customer service relevant to events.
Who is suitable?
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop knowledge and understanding of planning and running an event. It may be useful as an introduction for those who wish to pursue a career as an event planner or for those working in or preparing for a wide range of job roles in diverse sectors which require them to plan and organise events as part of their responsibilities. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
What you will learn?
This course is split into five units, which are then split into several sections:
Unit 1: Planning an event
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the hospitality and customer service sectors
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.