Southend Adult Community College (SACC) are Southend Borough Council’s provider of adult education and provides education and training to more than 2,000 learners a year.
What we offer
We provide Community Learning Courses. This means studying part-time to learn a new skill, improve your wellbeing and explore new ideas and activities. We also offer Community Outreach provision and Family Learning in the college as well as in the local community.
You can enrol on accredited courses in English, maths and ICT. We also offer employability courses, vocational qualifications, ESOL courses and industry specific training for adults. For young people (16+) we offer full-time Vocational programmes. In addition, we provide employee training and assessment on the employer’s premises.
We have three activity centres: our main Southchurch Centre, an adult centre at Belfairs Academy in Leigh and a specialist centre for young adults with complex and profound learning difficulties and disabilities in Westcliff.
What Ofsted have to say about SACC
At our last Ofsted inspection SACC was judged for the third time as a good college with outstanding features. Key findings are:
- Learners value the inclusive and welcoming culture of SACC.
- Learners demonstrate positive attitudes towards their studies.
- The College provides highly effective and ambitious courses and qualifications for adults that meet the needs of the local community.
- Most adult learners carry on with further study, gain employment or gain promotion in their current roles.
- Learners develop substantial knowledge, skills and behaviours over time.
- Tutors provide very clear explanations during sessions.
- Tutors provide feedback to learners that helps them to improve their skills.
- Achievement rates in basic skills English and mathematics are extremely high.
- Safeguarding arrangements are effective.