A worldwide examination of data collected between 2011 and 2015 found that 26% of adults studied were unable to use a computer, with a further 29% proficient only in the most basic and familiar of tasks. With a large percentage of job roles requiring competent use and knowledge of information technology, it is more crucial than ever that people improve their computer skills if necessary, both for their own personal and professional advancement and for business purposes.
Who is suitable?
This qualification would be ideal for anyone who would like to develop their knowledge, understanding and competence in a range of different IT skills, particularly those who use IT in their current job role. Learners must already have basic IT skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), to be able to complete the course successfully. The qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
What you will learn?
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Using IT to increase productivity
Unit 2: IT software fundamentals
Unit 3: IT security for users
Unit 4: Presentation software
Unit 5: Spreadsheet software.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the business sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.