Page 10 - SACCBrochure19-20
P. 10

Paying for your course
    General Information  The fee/price payable is listed against each course or is       Gift vouchers now
                                                                                          Give the Gift
                                                                                          of Learning!

                                                                                           available for a
         available by contacting the college.
               If you are 19 or over and are planning to study for                         range of short
               a qualification at Level 3 to 6 you may qualify for
               an Advanced Learner Loan. These loans help to
               pay your fees.
               Where you see this symbol next to a course title,
               you require a pre-course assessment to identify if
               the course you are interested in is the right level
               for you.
         There are three levels of fees available for most courses:
                                                                 I HAVE DIFFICULTY IN FINDING THE FEE
         •  Standard full fee
         •  Senior fee    (available on some courses to learners   We do not wish to exclude anyone who is not in receipt
           over 65 and not in full time employment).           of an active state benefit or cannot afford the fees as
                                                               they are on a low income. You will be able to apply to
         •  Reduced/concessionary   (available if you are in
                                                               the College’s Access or Hardship Fund for partial or full
           receipt of an income-based benefit).
                                                               exemption on the grounds of financial hardship to assist
                                                               with course fees, examination fees and nursery fees.
         You will need to provide evidence that you are receiving
         Universal Credit or an income-based state benefit.    If you will find it difficult to pay your fee in one amount, it
         You will only need to submit one of these as proof of    is possible to pay by instalments.
         evidence dated within the last 6 months. If you receive,   There is a £10 non-refundable arrangement fee for each
         an income-based benefit that is not included in this list,   instalment plan.
         please contact the College, as you may still be eligible.
         •  Job Seeker Allowance                                 I AM IN FULL-TIME EDUCATION AT ANOTHER
                                                                 SCHOOL OR COLLEGE; WILL I HAVE TO PAY THE
         •  Employment Support Allowance
                                                                 COURSE FEE?
         •  Housing Benefit
         •  Council Tax Benefit                                You will need to pay the full cost recovery fee for the
                                                               course of your choice as you are already receiving
         •  Incapacity Benefit
                                                               funding from the ESFA for your full-time course. Please
         •  Disability Living Allowance
                                                               ask for details of the fees.
         •  Carers Allowance
         •  Working Tax Credits (income limits apply)
                                                                 I NEED TO CANCEL MY ENROLMENT
         •  Universal Credit
                                                               You are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period, from the
                                                               date of booking your course, where you can have a full
           FREE COURSES
                                                               refund of fees (including any registration fees). After this
                                                               period, you can have a full refund of your tuition fees,
          If you wish to take a course that leads to a qualification
                                                               minus the registration fee per course (the registration
          at level 1 and 2 and you are in receipt of either JSA or
                                                               fee is dependent on the course fee paid) provided we
          ESA (WRAG) your fees will be waived.
                                                               are notified before your second lesson of the course
          You must provide a letter dated within six months from
                                                               (for courses of a duration of more than five weeks).
          Job Centre Plus confirming receipt of benefit with your
          Enrolment Form.
                                                                  Contact us for help and information
          If you earn less than £15.736.50 gross salary per
          annum, or if this is your first level 2 you may be entitled   on 01702 445700 or email
          to the course for FREE. Please contact the college for
          further information.

   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15