School is the best place to learn for the majority of young people, however Alternative Provision (education out of school) can be more appropriate for some.
SACC offers a real alternative to young people who find themselves outside of mainstream school. Our Study Programme for 14 – 16 year olds enable pupils to become successful in any classroom or wider social environment by providing a personalised learning experience that focuses on the development of key skills.
Our team of highly skilled staff provide learners with an environment that recognises their potential.
Improving pupil outcomes
- High staff ratio
- Small class groups and expert classroom teaching
- Tailored curriculum & Personalised learning plans to support progression to employment
- Coaching models to improve attendance, wellbeing and learner self-regulation
- Additional Learning Support
- Providing a range of support for specific learning difficulties based on individual needs
- Pastoral Care available everyday on a one to one basis.
- A fresh start approach to every lesson and close contact with parents & carers providing daily and weekly reports.
Referrals are made by the Local Authority for pupils who are either awaiting a specialist placement, in need of a school place, or have been excluded from school. Referrals from partnership schools can be made for pupils who are at risk of exclusion.