We love celebrating our learner’s success. To mark the national Festival of Learning for adults, the wonderful Mayor of Southend (Councillor Margaret Borton) presented certificates for achievement to our learners. Surprised and inspired, the recipients aged from teenage to eighty-plus reflected the theme of the week – the importance of lifelong learning. We want to also mention our amazing tutors who are super dedicated to supporting our learners to achieve their goals and succeed.
Dedicated staff and learners at our two sites:
- The Westcliff Specialist Centre for young adults with severe, profound and multiple disabilities.
- The Southchurch Site, the home of adult learning at the heart of Southend
…enjoyed celebrating over tea and cake in conversation with the Mayor about success, commitment and ambitions for the future.
What our learners said:
- Ann, who enjoys cultural and creative courses said the community aspect and exceptional teaching provided by the college helped her to deal with lockdown and gave her hope for the future.
- Ben on the 16-19 Study Programme said his vocational course was giving him an essential stepping-stone to further learning and work.
- Lydia said she stayed committed during the lockdown and worked steadily through the Functional Skills English levels and achieved a GCSE Grade 6 this year!
- Laura gave her award a thumbs up! She has recently joined the college and is making excellent progress with her Certificate in Personal Progress.
It has been a special time for everyone at the college – all are proud of what is on offer, which is unique, wide-ranging, flexible and inclusive.