Enrolment - How to Enrol

Your guide to enrolling at SACC
ePortfolio Enabled
Get Adobe Reader To view PDF files you will need to have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer which is available for free at: www.adobe.com

Once you have selected your course/s, there are four ways to enrol:
Web: If you are a full fee payer or over 65 you can enrol online. Please visit www.southend-adult.ac.uk where you can fill in an enrolment form and pay securely for your course online.
By phone: If you have a credit or debit card you can enrol over the telephone. If you wish to use this service, please call 01702 445700 and select option 1
In person: Please download and complete an enrolment form and pay at reception during term time at the Southchurch Centre between:
• 09:00-20:00 Monday-Wednesday

• 09:00-16:30 Thursday

• 09:00-16:00 Friday
By post: Please download and complete an enrolment form and post along with the necessary payment and proof of benefit (if applicable) to:
The Enrolment Unit
Southend Adult Community College
Ambleside Drive
Southend on Sea
SS1 2UP.
You will be notified, by email/text where this has been provided, if the course you have chosen is full.

If you are enrolling on a course that is level 3 or above, the government have introduced Advanced Learning Loans. Further details of this facility are available please click here.

If you wish to take a course that leads to a qualification at level 1 or 2 and you are in receipt of either JSA or ESA (WRAG) your fees will be waived.
Acceptable proof: Please supply a letter from Job Centre Plus confirming receipt of benefit with your Enrolment Form.

If you wish to take a course that does not lead to a qualification and are in receipt of one of the following benefits or Universal Credit you will be entitled to pay a reduced fee (benefit rate):
Acceptable proof: You only need to submit one of these as proof of benefit. If you receive, an income-based state benefit that is not included in this list, please contact the College, as you may still be eligible.
• Award notice from DWP
• Award notice issued by HM Revenue and Customs
• Council Tax notification form confirming receipt of benefit, or Council Tax demand stating the amount of benefit payable
• Housing Benefit notification form from local council confirming receipt of benefit
• Income Support notification form from Job Centre Plus or DWP, confirming receipt of benefit
• Letter from Job Centre Plus or DWP confirming receipt of benefit
• Universal Credit notification

Concessions: An automatic discount is also available to those over 62 who wish to study a course that does not lead to a qualification.