All students with special educational needs, whether physical, intellectual, social or emotional, are, wherever possible, fully integrated into our College community and have access to appropriate educational provision to allow them to experience a broad and balanced curriculum.
Our SEND Provision covers both our specialist centre for 19-21 year olds with profound needs at our Westcliff Centre, along with our Bespoke courses for all ages at our Southchurch site. We offer a full range of subjects delivered by teachers with specific SEN training and experience with something for all from healthy living classes to creative well-being. There are also opportunities to complete L1/L2 qualifications in employability.
The core aims for Learners with SEND are:
- To ensure that all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability.
- To ensure learners are fully supported to make good progress.
- All learners are able to take part as fully as possible in college activities.
- To achieve stretching qualifications.
- To prepare learners for employment,
Ultimately every programme is about improving life outcomes for people with SEND and enabling them to access additional learning opportunities. Our aim is meet EHCP outcomes, help in their Preparation for Adulthood, follow Southend’s 2050 themes and encourage and prepare our learners to develop independent living skills.
Find out more about our Bespoke Programme here>
Find out what we do at our Westcliff centre here>